Monday, October 15, 2007

Perspective

You know, I could begin by going on and on about the mistakes I've made lately in my eating choices. This defeatist perspective is one that I've been all too familiar with. Instead, I'm going to concentrate on the things that I'm doing right and the things that are becoming more and more a true part of a lifestyle change. I'll begin with the water intake. I have consistently been successful in this facet of my weight release program. In the last three weeks, I've only had one unsweet tea, everything else has been WATER! And guess what? It hasn't been that difficult; it truly feels like this is becoming a healthy habit and I'm very happy about that.

Secondly, I have been consistent with my exercise. On days I don't meet with my trainer I still make sure to get some cardio and/or weight training done. Every night I do my squats and ab work.

This is much more than about my weight. This is about treating myself the way I want (and deserve) for others to treat me. I'm starting to really like and appreciate myself. I think this is the key I've been seeking for a long time.

2 comments:

Reflection said...

Lady you have arrive!!! Once you learn that this Journey is about treating yourself the way you want (and deserve) for others to treat you / liking and appreciating yourslef. That's what its all about. Bravo on learning and putting this in perspective.

This Journey is going to take you to so many levels that you're going to be on FIRE (LOL)!!!

sweetnes said...

You are getting it done! Congrats on all the successful changes you've made so far and keep it up!