Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why Don't I Ever Try Enough?

It seems to me that one of my biggest lessons to learn is to simply try harder. Maybe things have come too easy for me. When challenges finally present themselves, it seems that I find it difficult to face them with dignity and grace. Even this weight issue manifests in a similar way. Take for example the fact that once my knees began giving me real problems, I simply stopped seeing my trainer and my treadmill activity decreased greatly. A challenge presented itself and instead of finding a different way (like water aerobics) I simply gave up.

I'm noticing that I do that in other areas of my life too. I guess I need to learn how to put on my big girl draws and step up to the plate. The easy way may not necessarily be the best way. It's time for me to be serious about some things.

I'm ready to be the best me I can be.

No comments: