Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feeling Unloved

yep...I'm going through some things!

I know that my parents love me. I know that some of my friends sincerely love me. I know that I am supposed to love myself. But right now, this week, this month, this season, I do not feel any of it.

I'm feeling so alone. Something is awry. I feel so off of my game. Perhaps the truth is that I've never really been on my game at all. Maybe--Actually I'm pretty sure--that I have simply been floating along on the blessings of my ancestors and the prayers of my elders. I'm pretty sure I am being called to task. The problem is that I do not know exactly what I should be doing....

Who is my friend in this? Who do I share my frustrations and secrets with? Who loves me enough to put up with my self-pity and self-sabatoge? I don't know anyone who would willingly sign up for the job...and that hurts.

No comments: