Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clean Eating

I have eaten clean for the past 9 or so days. I can't describe how good it feels to be making the right choices. I'm 7 more lbs down and I'm really seeing a difference in myself. I HAVE COLLAR BONES AGAIN!!! LMAO; It's amazing how the little things matter.

Beyond the aesthetic purposes, I really want to take charge of my total person. I have always taken good care of other people, but I have mistakenly always made them the priority. I cook things I think they want to eat, I dress the way I think they want to see me, I tailor my hair to what they think is cute (although I will never straighten it again). Soooo, me making these healthy choices has been easy as long as I have decided to take as good of care of myself as I do of other folks.

Because I'm currently alone (romantically)--though I'm praying things work out--I have had to understand that being alone does not necessarily equate with loneliness. After all, if I spend time preparing and cooking my meals, being more active, and working out regularly, I really don't have time to dwell on the reality of my love life.

Healthy eating and living has become the world's best anti-depressant....Who'd a thunk it?!

No comments: